- Rottnest Express acknowledges its obligations in relation to privacy.
- Rottnest Express stores information about individuals in a confidential way so that it cannot be accessed, stolen or disclosed to anyone unconnected with the Rottnest Express business.
- Rottnest Express may change this policy from time to time. The changes will be published on Rottnest Express’s web site.
2) Collection of Information
- Rottnest Express collects information by a number of methods including the Internet, Telephone, Facsimile and E-mail.
- Rottnest Express occasionally conducts voluntary surveys to collect information about its Customers.
- Rottnest Express does not collect personal information about any person unless the information is necessary for its business.
- Rottnest Express collects personal information only by lawful and fair means and all information provided to Rottnest Express is provided voluntarily.
- Rottnest Express collects the name, address, contact details, age, and payment details of all of its Customers. Rottnest Express also keeps records of all of its commercial transactions with its Customers. This information is required for maintaining a database, being able to communicate with Customers and for the purpose of conducting commercial transactions with its Customers and linked service providers.
- Customers choosing to sign up for ‘Club Rotto’, in doing so are giving consent for the information stated in section 3)c), to be used so that they can be contacted directly regarding special deals and other relevant information. At any time, you may choose to unsubscribe from the above mentioned mailing list, but in doing so, will lose the benefit of online discounted rates exclusively available to Club Rotto members.
3) Access To Rottnest Express’s Information
- All Customers are eligible to gain access to their personal information, by any of the following methods:
i) by sending an email;
ii) by telephoning
iii) by facsimile;
iV) by sending a letter.
- Customers are eligible to view the information held by Rottnest Express and make representations and suggestions regarding the accuracy of that information.
- Easily accessible personal information will be made available to you free of charge. Where you request details of your personal information and the information that you request is not easily accessible, we may charge a fee for the cost of accessing or retrieving that information. Note that we are not required to provide access to personal information in certain situations, but if we refuse access we will give you our reasons for doing so.
4) Disclosure of Information
- Rottnest Express only provides information about its Members, to linked service providers for purposes connected to Rottnest Express’s business.
- Rottnest Express will seek a Customers consent before it discloses any personal information about the Customer for purposes other than those expressed in clause 4.1.
5) Accuracy of Information
- Rottnest Express will assume that all information that it collects about a Customer or potential Customer is accurate and up to date unless and until advised otherwise.
- A cookie is a small data file that is downloaded from our web site and stored on a text file on your hard drive. The information is made up of a string of letters and numbers which uniquely identifies your computer and any user name or password that you may have already registered on our web site.
7) Security of Your Personal Information
- Rottnest Express takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Once your personal information is no longer needed, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently ensure that it cannot be used to identify you.
- E-mail and the Internet may not always be secure and it is possible that messages and information may not reach the intended recipient. Rottnest Express cannot be held responsible for the security or confidentiality of any information sent to us by e-mail or over the Internet.
8) How to Contact Rottnest Express
- Telephone: 1300 GO ROTTO (1300 467 688)
- E-mail: Rottnest Express at email@example.com
- Terminal Locations
i) Pier 2, Barrack Street Jetty, Perth - 15 minutes walk from Perth Train
ii) B Shed, Victoria Quay, Fremantle - 5 minutes walk from Fremantle Train Station
iii) 1 Emma Place, Rous Head, North Fremantle