Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and check out what jobs are available at Rottnest Express.
Rottnest Express provides equal opportunity in employment to people without discrimination based on a personal characteristic protected under state and federal equal opportunity legislation.
Helpdesk and Desktop Support Officer Level 2
We are currently seeking a Help Desk and Desktop Support Officer to join our team at Rottnest Express. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ready to begin working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. With a strong focus on organisation and attention to detail, you will report directly to the IT Manager, providing IT support across the entity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing desktop support for staff in the organisation and will enjoy a multi-tasking role with assisting staff on the phone or face to face throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Troubleshooting and assessing software, hardware and networking issues
- Answering and prioritising incoming phone, email and face to face requests
- Setting up new user accounts
- Lead users through diagnostic procedures as well as educate and instruct end users on various application and hardware issues
- Escalating requests where necessary and recording outcomes.
What's' on Offer:
- The job will be full time
- Coastal location North Fremantle
- On-the-job training & professional development opportunities
- Open to Australian residents
Successful applicants must have:
- At least 1 year experience in an IT Support role
- Expertise in Windows Server, Active Directories, Exchange Server, Windows, MS Office
- LAN, WAN & Wi-Fi technologies and protocols
- Network Security, Anti-Virus, Spam Management, Patch Management
- Network Storage & Data Backup
- Virtualisation Experience (Hyper V, VMWare)
- Installation & troubleshooting printers (ticket, card)
- Thin Client configuration, deployment & support
- Smartphone and Tablet configuration, deployment & support
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good interpersonal skills at all levels of business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work autonomously & exercise initiative, as well as in a team environment
- Experience using help desk ticketing system
- Fast learner who can pick up unfamiliar technologies quickly
- A current driver's license
- Ability to work flexible hours
A Certificate IV in Information Technology or equivalent qualification is desirable.
How to apply: Please apply from seek.com
Application closes COB 28th December 2016.