The following information may assist passengers requiring mobility assistance including passengers travelling with Mobility Aids and Wheelchairs.
For bookings and enquiries requiring special assistance you must call us on:
1300 467 688
Rottnest Express does have the facilities to accommodate passengers with disabilities on our vessels, such as wheelchair use, however not on all services.
If you require special assistance when travelling with Rottnest Express, we kindly ask you to please notify us via our reservations line on 1300 467 688 during business hours before you make your booking. This allows passengers to receive the necessary service and departure terminal information. Failure to notify us of your requirements may result in the service being unavailable on arrival at the ferry terminal.
- Most of voyages are wheelchair accessible from Northport, including standard and motorized.
- The 0830am voyage from Perth is accessible for standard wheelchairs only. Motorized wheelchairs are unable to navigate the gangway due to a bend.
- BShed voyages are not wheelchair accessible due to having to change levels between embarkation and disembarkation. (Unless passengers are able to navigate stairs)
- No Rottnest Express transfer buses are wheelchair accessible. (Unless passengers are able to navigate stairs)
- Motorized wheelchairs requiring transport only can only be taken from the Northport terminal. Other terminals do not have the appropriate loading facilities.
- High tides due to bad weather may cause slight difficulty during boarding or disembarkation.